The opening date 12 November 2018, closing date for nominations is 4 December 2018.
- The 100 Ekurhuleni Shining Stars is a City of Ekurhuleni project
- By being nominated all nominees agree to abide by the terms and conditions of entry in full.
- Nominations by employees of the City of Ekurhuleni, their family members and agencies working on behalf of the city are prohibited.
- The City of Ekurhuleni assumes no responsibility for postal, technical or natural conditions that prevent the reception and adjudication of submissions.
- The 100 Ekurhuleni Shining Stars ceremony and its terms and conditions will in all respects be governed by the Republic of South Africa’s laws and applicable pieces of legislation.
- The City of Ekurhuleni reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
All young people aged 18 and no older than 35 years, who currently reside in the City of Ekurhuleni, shall be eligible for nomination or self-nominate for this recognition. They shall have proven record of having simultaneously created a solution and helped with uplifting their communities. Communities around the City of Ekurhuleni will be encouraged to nominate youngsters who fulfill the requirements, while different municipalities will also be encouraged to help identify such youngsters.
- Each submission should clearly identify which category the nominee is being entered into:
Philanthropy – Young Community workers and nation builders
Education – youth doing work in the education space
Science & Technology – Young Tech Savvy Innovators
Health – young people doing work in the area of health
Business & Entrepreneurship – young entrepreneurs with innovative ideas
Arts & Culture – young people using arts as a solution to challenges
Environment – nature preservation and conservation
Civil Society & Youth Activism
Justice & Law
Politics & Governance
- Information required in the form
- Nominee’s name: The name that will appear on all communication and media coverage concerning the business.
- A brief paragraph of the nominee’s bio. This description should be no longer than 200 words.
- Explanation of their inspiration, along with the entrant’s personal motivation
- Nominees may submit in numerous categories.
- By being nominated the nominee understands that the submission will be made publicly available and will be able to be shared by members of the general public across any and all media channels including the Internet.
- All nominees’ contact details should be restricted to the registration process and contact details section of the nomination which will not be made publicly available – and not included in the submission itself. Organisers are not responsible for any nominee’s failure to follow this request.
- The organisers cannot receive nominations in confidence.
- The organisers will cover the cost of transporting the 100 Ekurhuleni Young Stars in the day of the event…
- When finalists have been chosen by our judges they will be requested to be available for promotional engagements, media activities and publicity purposes.
- The winners will work as ambassadors of the respective municipality’s business community.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Late entries will not be considered.
The closing date for nomination is 4 December 2018.
- All finalists will need to attend the Acknowledgement Ceremony on 12 December 2018.
- ADJUDICATION PROCESS
- The entries will be open from 12 November 2018 and 4 December 2018 at 12 noon. Late entries shall not be accepted and the organizers shall not be responsible for entries received after this time.
- The general public may enter or nominate an entrepreneur they believe qualifies.
- Between 4 December and 12 December 2018 a panel of adjudicators shall nominate the final 100 Ekurhuleni Shining Stars.
- The 100 Ekurhuleni Shining Stars will be announced on the 12th of December 2018.
- All nominees accept the adjudicators’ decisions as final and binding, and no further correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- No public official shall influence the decision of the adjudicators.
- The entrants agree to indemnify all parties involved, the promoters, the judging panel, its agents and its employees against any third party claims that could arise from submission of the product to the competition.
- As a condition of being nominated, the nominee agrees to waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and waive any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
c. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees.
- The organizers in no way exclude its liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence.
- PERSONAL DATA
- By being nominated, nominees expressly authorise the organizers to use personal data collected during the registration process for the purposes of administering the project, notwithstanding their rights to access or amend that may be exercised by the entrants by the means of an e-mail or letter addressed to the organisers.
- The organisers will use the personal data the entrant submitted to administer the project and local administrators working on behalf of the organisers have access to personal details for the purposes of informing the entrant of any progression throughout the process or publicity opportunities. We will not pass on the entrant’s details to third parties unless the participant is consulted and has given permission to the organisers.
- PUBLICITY AND PROMOTION
- The final 100 Ekurhuleni Shining Stars agree to take part in any publicity and promotional activity surrounding the project. As part of an ambassador role, they may be required to partake in some activities recommended by the organisers. These may take place in any of the territories identified by the organizers as opportunities.
- Any of the nominees may be asked to take part in publicity and promotional activities. By being nominated your story, business details, images and footage can be used for publicity purposes. The nominee may be invited to personally partake in publicity opportunities such as interviews put forward to the entrant by the organisers. Each opportunity will be taken on merit and the nominee will have the right to decline any opportunity which they do not wish to be personally involved with.
- Inside Education (PTY)Ltd can not be held liable or accountable for any loss, damages or claims incurred by the 100 Ekurhuleni Shining Stars project.
- Inside Education(PTY)Ltd will manage the project implementation of 100 Ekurhuleni Shining Stars 2018.
- All dates are not set and can be changed without any prior notice.